Ducane Error Code Search
Error code search offers information on the cause of the malfunction and the status of your air conditioner by entering the error code.
- This page provides a simple explanation concerning content relating to error codes and their possible causes. Please note that the content may slightly differ depending on the model.
2. It is always advised that you consult with an HVAC repair professional before attempting to provide any repairs yourself.
3. Precision Air assumes no responsibility for any accidents or troubles caused in the disassembly or repair of equipment performed according to the information on this page.
If molded case circuit breakers or earth leakage circuit breakers have tripped, do not reset the breaker immediately without first checking for any problems with the insulation of equipment.
Resetting breakers without a check of insulation may cause damage to equipment.
Ducane Air Conditioning Codes:
CODE: POWER (Green)
RESULT: Module has power
FIX: Supply voltage is present at module terminals.
CODE: TRIP (Red)
RESULT: Thermostat demand signal Y1 is present, but the compressor is not running
FIX: 1. Compressor protector is open – Check for high head pressure – Check compressor supply voltage
2. Outdoor unit power disconnect is open
3. Compressor circuit breaker or fuse(s) is open
4. Broken wire or connector is not making contact
5. Low pressure switch open if present in system
6. Compressor contactor has failed open.
CODE: ALERT (Yellow) Flash Code 1
RESULT: Long Run Time Compressor is running extremely long run cycles
CODE: ALERT (Yellow) Flash Code 2
RESULT: System Pressure Trip Discharge or suction pressure out of limits or compressor overloaded
1. High head pressure – Check high-pressure switch if present in the system – Check if the system is overcharged with refrigerant – Check for non-condensable in system
2. Condenser coil poor air circulation (dirty, blocked, damaged)
3. The condenser fan is not running – Check the fan capacitor – Check fan wiring and connectors – Check fan motor for failure or blockage
4. Return air duct has substantial leakage
5. If low-pressure switch present in system, check Flash Code 1 information.
CODE: ALERT (Yellow) Flash Code 3
RESULT: Short Cycling Compressor is running only briefly
1. Thermostat demand signal is intermittent
2. Time delay relay or control board defective
3. If high pressure switch present, go to Flash Code 2 information
4. If low pressure switch present, go to Flash Code 1 information.
CODE: ALERT (Yellow) Flash Code 4
RESULT: Locked Rotor
1. Run capacitor has failed
2. Low line voltage (contact utility if voltage at disconnect is low) – Check wiring connections 3. Excessive liquid refrigerant in compressor 4. Compressor bearing are seized
5. Measure compressor oil level.
CODE: ALERT (Yellow) Flash Code 5
RESULT: Open Circuit
1. Outdoor unit power disconnect is open
2. Compressor circuit breaker or fuse(s) is open
3. Compressor contactor has failed open – Check compressor contactor wiring and connectors – Check for compressor contactor failure (burned, pitted, or open) – Check wiring and connectors between supply and compressor – Check for low pilot voltage at compressor contactor coil
4. High pressure switch is open and requires manual reset
5. Open circuit in compressor supply wiring or connections
6. Unusually long compressor protector reset time due to extreme ambient temperature
7. Compressor windings are damaged – Check compressor motor winding resistance.
CODE: ALERT (Yellow) Flash Code 6
RESULT: Open Start Circuit. Current only in run circuit
1. Run capacitor has failed
2. Open circuit in compressor start wiring or connections – Check wiring and connectors between supply and the compressor S terminal
3. Compressor start winding is damaged – Check compressor motor winding resistance.
CODE: ALERT (Yellow) Flash Code 7
RESULT: Open Run Circuit. Current only in start circuit.
1. Open circuit in compressor run wiring or connections – Check wiring and connectors between supply and the compressor R terminal
2. Compressor run winding is damaged – Check compressor motor winding resistance.
CODE: ALERT (Yellow) Flash Code 8
RESULT: Welded Contactor. Compressor always runs
1. Compressor contactor has failed closed
2. Thermostat demand signal not connected to module.
CODE: ALERT (Yellow) Flash Code 9
RESULT: Low Voltage. Control circuit less than 17VAC
1. Control circuit transformer is overloaded
2. Low line voltage (contact utility if voltage at disconnect is low) – Check wiring conditions.